Saturday, June 22, 2013

Feather me

Good afternoon!


Today, I thought I'd get a little adventurous & try putting a feathers on my nails. I was at my local craft store while going through the isles saw feathers in a package and decided to get ambitious... So this is the look I came up with.


Tutorial:
 1. Prime your nails with your favorite base coat.

2. Choose a base color
(I used China Glaze Bahamian Escape)

3. Apply a clear coat
3.5. Position feather on the nail 
(Do this while clear coat is still wet. I recommend doing this one nail at a time)
4. Apply clear coat
(wait til fully dry)

5. With small scissors cut excess feather

6. If theres rough edges lightly file down any tiny ridges

7. Apply top coat

WAH-LAH!

Definitely don't do this in a rush. It is a more time consuming look. I have herd the the feathers specifically made for nail art is a lot easier to manage, when using on the nail so, definitely look into that if you are interested in trying out this look. I'm thinking my next post might be a hair color product review.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes!
Until next time; smile cause it good for the soul! :)


<3 always,
beautysaurusxo

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I've been wanting to try this for a while, but I keep putting it off for some reason. I'm definitely going to have to find some feathers because they look so adorable. Great job!

    ReplyDelete