Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mermaid Tutorial

Hello my darlings!
So today I thought I would share a tutorial with you. I did this nail look for my best friend before she left for Hawaii for school. Down below are the pictures of the colors I used, the process, and the finished look.

LET GET STARTED!!

 What you will need: 
1. Your choice of nail polishes
2. Make up foundation sponge

THE COLORS
(left to right)

Zoya - Miley
OPI - Austin-tatious Turquoise
China Glaze - Deviantly Daring
China Glaze - Rodeo Fanatic
Essie - Dive Bar
CM - Ashy Green (thin design brush)


THE PROCESS 
(left to right)

1. Apply your favorite base coat. (Nail Tek Foundation II)
2. 2x Coats of your base color (Miley)
3. Start gradient effect (sponge method) - color one (Austin-tatious Turquoise)
4. Sponge method - color two (Deviantly Daring)
5. Sponge method - color three (Rodeo Fanatic)
6. Sponge method (Dive Bar)
7. Draw small scales (Ashy Green)
8. Apply your favorite top coat (China Glaze - No Chip)


FINISHED!!

Tips 
  • Let the base color dry a little bit - doesn't have to be completely. This prevents the base color from being picked up by the sponge while sponging the next layer
  • If you don't have a nail pen or nail polish with a design brush; pour out a little bit of nail polish & use a tooth pick.
  • Let scales dry before applying top coat or it will smudge or smear the scaled :(


I know used a lot of colors, my best friend & just couldn't decide :) You are more than welcome to use more or less colors. I listed the colors that I used above but you can use whatever colors you have. Be creative. Good luck!! Let me know how it goes! 'Til then smile cause its good for the soul :)

<3 always,
beautysaurusxo


No comments:

Post a Comment